We all look forward to Can Do Cancer Trivia Night. This event has sold out for many years, and it’s our largest fundraiser of the year. In fact, last year we raised a record of more than $85,000 in one night alone! That was almost one-half of our total operating budget for the 2020 year.
We wanted to send you an update about our plans. After careful consideration, the Can Do Cancer Board has determined that 2020 is going to look a little different in an effort to be overly cautious. Instead of gathering in person for our annual trivia night, we are going to hold this event virtually on October 17, 2020.
We also want to assure you that although COVID-19 has changed some of the ways we will raise our funds, our mission remains the same. We are continuing to serve breast cancer patients with meals, housekeeping and patient partner support. This work is so important especially in light of COVID-19. Each patient’s services add up to a cost of $1,200. Thankfully, we have built up a savings which is allowing us to continue serving patients during the pandemic, but this will only sustain us for so long.
Please consider making a donation to help us continue to serve patients during the duration of 2020, into 2021 and beyond.
Virtual Trivia Night
Saturday, October 17
- Play from the comfort of your home!
- Trivia begins at 7PM (Central)
- 8 rounds of general trivia with 10 questions per round
- Trivia will be broadcast via Zoom. Access to the link will be provided after registering.
- Play as a team. Gather your teammates in one location or use a third-party platform such as FaceTime, chat or text to coordinate your team answer. All team members will have access to the Zoom link of the trivia broadcast, but only the team captain will submit the answer on the online answer sheet.
- Team Registration Now Open! $100 team registration for up to 8 players
Sponsorship and Donation Opportunities
Are you interested in being a corporate or individual sponsor? Review our sponsorship levels and complete our online sponsorship form.
What is Virtual Trivia?
Interested in learning more about how virtual trivia night works? We're partnering with Andrew’s Bar Exam to run the show for us. Have no fear, our trivia guru, Nathan Brewer, will still be providing his fun and challenging questions. Visit Andrew’s Bar Exam to try one of his free virtual trivia games.
Thank you for your support of Can Do Cancer, and we hope you'll join us virtually on October 17!
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors
Dennis and Susan Albaugh
Al and Jo Dorenkamp - Coldwell Banker
Kimberley Development Corp.
Jon & Nan Winkel
NCMIC Group, Inc.
Ankeny Dental Associates
Brian Herbel-Edward Jones Investments
BrownWinick Law Firm
Community State Bank
John Stoddard Cancer Center
Leaning Tower of Pizza
Kreg Tool Company
Mary Greeley Medical Center
Mescher Home Inspections
The Iowa Clinic Women's Center
Veridian Credit Union